Crossroads Community Ministries
Homeless is prevalent throughout the United States and Atlanta is not immune to its plight. The population in Atlanta’s homeless community can vary from 7,000 — 12,000 on any given day. Within the homeless community however, there is a beacon of light; and it’s coming from CROSSROADS Community Ministries. They are on a mission to make the homeless no more by providing a hot meal in addition to guidance and supportive services necessary to help those desiring to lead productive and meaningful lives.
Everyday volunteers come to the CROSSROADS kitchen to help set-up and serve meals to Atlanta’s homeless under the direction of Clyde Corbin, who’s been with the ministry for 15 years. Within the next few months Clyde will have served 2million meals to Atlanta’s homeless population. However, Clyde’s cooking is so popular among the homeless that the demand for his great stew out-weighs their capacity to provide it.
Other services provided by CROSSROADS are:
- The Renewal Project, a three-month self-sufficiency program. Angels over Atlanta, an extended self-sufficiency program for the homeless who are physically disabled or mentally impaired
- Atlanta Cooks, a 6-month food service training program.
- A daily medical clinic staffed by Saint Joseph’s Mercy Mobile
- The Courtland Street Mission, a Bible study and counseling program
- Mailroom services to help guests establish an address so they can get identification cards, food stamps or assistance checks, voter registration cards and personal mail
- The Help Office, for housing, employment, legal issues, clothing, etc.
Volunteers are the backbone to the success of CROSSROADS Community Ministries. If you’re interested in volunteering your time and talent at CROSSROADS, or want more information about this organization and the homeless community it serves, visit the CROSSROADS website at: www.crossroadsatlanta.org.
420 Courtland Street
Atlanta, GA 30308
Stan Dawson, Executive Director
Lastest News from WABE 90.1 FM
The Netherlands and Australia — countries that lost large numbers of citizens in last week's downing of Flight MH17 — are planning to send police to eastern Ukraine to help secure the debris field ...
Secretary of State John Kerry has handed over a seven-day truce proposal to Israel and Hamas, NPR's Soraya Sarhaddi Nelson reports.
Kerry is hoping for fighting to stop as the holy month of Ramadan ...