Crossroads Community Ministries
Homeless is prevalent throughout the United States and Atlanta is not immune to its plight. The population in Atlanta’s homeless community can vary from 7,000 — 12,000 on any given day. Within the homeless community however, there is a beacon of light; and it’s coming from CROSSROADS Community Ministries. They are on a mission to make the homeless no more by providing a hot meal in addition to guidance and supportive services necessary to help those desiring to lead productive and meaningful lives.
Everyday volunteers come to the CROSSROADS kitchen to help set-up and serve meals to Atlanta’s homeless under the direction of Clyde Corbin, who’s been with the ministry for 15 years. Within the next few months Clyde will have served 2million meals to Atlanta’s homeless population. However, Clyde’s cooking is so popular among the homeless that the demand for his great stew out-weighs their capacity to provide it.
Other services provided by CROSSROADS are:
- The Renewal Project, a three-month self-sufficiency program. Angels over Atlanta, an extended self-sufficiency program for the homeless who are physically disabled or mentally impaired
- Atlanta Cooks, a 6-month food service training program.
- A daily medical clinic staffed by Saint Joseph’s Mercy Mobile
- The Courtland Street Mission, a Bible study and counseling program
- Mailroom services to help guests establish an address so they can get identification cards, food stamps or assistance checks, voter registration cards and personal mail
- The Help Office, for housing, employment, legal issues, clothing, etc.
Volunteers are the backbone to the success of CROSSROADS Community Ministries. If you’re interested in volunteering your time and talent at CROSSROADS, or want more information about this organization and the homeless community it serves, visit the CROSSROADS website at: www.crossroadsatlanta.org.
420 Courtland Street
Atlanta, GA 30308
Stan Dawson, Executive Director
Lastest News from WABE 90.1 FM
After being halted at the border for more than a week, a Russian aid convoy is rumbling into eastern Ukraine without permission, prompting Kiev to label the move a "direct invasion" of sovereign te...
Early education officials are expanding some programs and services thanks to a $51 million federal grant. Part of the money will be used to develop an assessment to see if kids are ready for Kinder...
The Pentagon didn't give enough notice to Congress and misused nearly $1 million when it swapped Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for five senior Taliban members, the Government Accountability Office says.