In this retrospective, we discover the many portraits of Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition by listening to different movements by each of these conductors: Rafael Kubelik, Fritz Reiner, Seiji Ozawa, Carlo Maria Giulini, Neeme Jarvi, and Sir Georg Solti. Hear a whole program of music written about the visual arts.
- Mussorgsky/Ravel: Pictures at an Exhibition (1951-1989; various conductors)
- Takemitsu: Visions (1993; Daniel Barenboim)
- Rachmaninov: The Isle of the Dead (1957; Fritz Reiner)
- Hindemith: Nobilissima visione Suite (1967; Jean Martinon)
- Granados: Intermezzo from Goyescas (1958; Fritz Reiner)