PBA 30 is showcasing the work of Atlanta independent filmmakers with Atlanta Shorts, a weekly half-hour series hosted by Atlanta actress-singer Debra McDavid. Atlanta Shorts features the best independent short films with a local connection.
When to watch
A graduate of Yale University with a Masters Degree in the Performing Arts, Atlanta Shorts host Debra McDavid has had an acting and singing career internationally, as well as here in the United States.
From film to commercials to theater to television appearances, McDavid is well-acquainted with the entertainment industry, and well-connected with the Atlanta independent film community.
How can I get my work on the show?
- The film must have an Atlanta connection. This could include the actor(s), the shooting location, the producer/director and/or subject matter.
- Fill out the required Release Form and Contact Information Form and enclose it with your entry.
- The minimum length to be considered for broadcast is one minute.
- In keeping with current FCC regulations for broadcast television, any film containing nudity, excessive violence and profanity will be excluded.
- The film may be narrative or documentary, animation or live-action.
- Public Broadcasting Atlanta retains the right to reject any film.
Format for Submission
- DVD, Mini DV, QuickTime MOV files and Beta tapes are accepted. The submitted film must be completed and mixed. We will not re-edit any submissions. All entries must include a completed signed Release Form and a Contact Information Form.
- No submission fee is required.
- No submissions will be returned.
Send all entries to:
Atlanta Shorts Showcase
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
740 Bismark Road, NE
Atlanta GA 30324
Questions? Get in touch! Please select "PBA 30 Programming."
Latest News from WABE 90.1 FM
Two injured bald eagles are flying free again after they were found separately in distress this summer: one near...
A new fitness craze is trending these days. It’s called the 15 minute workout and proponents say that’s all the time...