Joy Bauer's From Junk Food To Joy Food
In this program, you'll learn the secrets to transforming your favorite junk foods into joy foods. With just a few simple tweaks, you'll be able to eat your favorite comfort foods while losing weight, alleviating arthritis pain, boosting energy, enhancing heart health, normalizing blood pressure, flattening out your midsection, minimizing wrinkles ... the list of benefits goes on and on. "From Junk Food To Joy Food" is packed with demonstrations of recipes for the most delicious (and typically fattening!) meals, snacks, desserts and drinks you crave, but with a healthy twist.
Bonus Recipe: Chocolately Brownie Bites
Make the brownies featured in Joy Bauer's appearance on PBA30 with Alicia Steele! The bite-sized brownies are less than 100 calories per serving. Recipe featured at www.joybauer.com.
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 overripe banana
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour*
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour*
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Mix all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a large bowl until smooth. (*If can swap 3 tablespoons cornstarch for arrowroot flour and tapioca flour.) Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 2 heaping teaspoons into each of 16 greased mini cupcake tins.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.