submit a psa
WABE gladly accepts Public Service Announcements (PSAs) from state-registered, not-for-profit corporations in standard format for on-air delivery. The Georgia Secretary of State office, 404-656-2817, provides information on registering.
Copy - The most effective announcements are always straightforward: Event description, date, location, and phone number for information. WABE reserves the right to edit all copy.
Submission - Type your PSA into our PSA Form. (Please do not cut and paste from MS Word.) The PSA should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event.
Format - Please follow the Checklist below. Due to the number of submissions, PSAs submitted in a press release format can no longer be considered.
WABE is delighted to partner with our community to help publicize local events, but air time is limited, and we cannot guarantee that all PSAs will be broadcast. We also encourage you to submit your event to our online events calendar and to Atlanta PlanIt. And if you feel your event is unique and has news value, you may submit a press release about your event to our newsroom, at WABE News.
Follow the prescribed layout exactly and double-check every detail on the checklist below. PSAs that do not meet these requirements will not be considered for broadcast.
- Complete Sentences - Write only in complete sentences.
- Contact Information - A phone number or website is required. End your copy with: “the number (or website) for information is …” Or, “the number (or website) for tickets is … ”
- Timing - Time the copy by reading aloud, slowly, to 20 seconds maximum. I
- Schedule Date - Provide a clear end date for the PSA (date of the event) on the form.
- Prices - If the event is free, please mention this. If it is not free, do not list ticket prices. If the event is a benefit or involves donations, just describe the event — do not refer to donations, auctions, or benefits, etc.
- Cultural Events - For arts events, always include program highlights (composers or works, for example). Our audience is well-read; attract them with your intriguing program, not with commercial language.
- Non-Commercial Tone - Do not use call-to-action verb phrases (example: do not use the word “call..,” or phrases such as, “join us for…,” “come celebrate…,” “visit…,” or “you’re invited to…”). We appreciate your help maintaining our distinctive, non-commercial delivery, valued highly by our listeners.
- Language - WABE does not air PSAs with comparative language (“Atlanta’s finest…performs”), as there are many exceptional groups in similar fields in Atlanta.
THE SMITHSONIAN BRASS ENSEMBLE PERFORMS ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH AT 8 PM IN THE TUCKER COMMUNITY CENTER. HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE WORKS BY TELEMANN, BACH, AND PRAETORIUS. THIS CONCERT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. THE NUMBER FOR INFORMATION IS 770-939-0000.
THE SMITHSONIAN BRASS ENSEMBLE PERFORMS ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER THE TWELFTH AT 8:00 P.M. IN THE TUCKER COMMUNITY CENTER, 1537 MAIN STREET. THE PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE WORKS OF TELEMANN, BACH, KELLEY, PAULUS AND PRAETORIUS. THE CONCERT IS FREE AND WILL BE PRECEDED BY A LECTURE ON THE HISTORY OF BRASS INSTRUMENTS. THE NUMBER FOR INFORMATION IS 770-939-0000.
Contact: John Doe
Start Date: 1 November
End Date: 12 November